Nyack Hospital realizes how important it is for our patients to receive visitors during their hospitalization. In order to encourage a healing environment, please follow these general guidelines for visitation:
Open Visiting Hours:
Intermediate Care Units
- One parent or grandparent may stay overnight
- Father or significant other anytime
- All other family and visitors after delivery
Other Visiting Hours:
Intensive Care Nursery
Parents and Grandparents only
24 hour visitation, except:
7:00 – 7:30 a.m.
7:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Medical Intensive Care
Surgical Intensive Care
24 hour visitation, except,
6:00 - 8:00 a.m.
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Limit of 2 visitors at a time.
All visitors: Saturdays, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Other visiting times are made at the discretion of the program and/or clinical director.
Behavioral Health Center
Visiting Hours Daily:
1:00 - 2:00 pm
7:00 - 8:00 pm
Visiting may be limited to 1/2 hour depending on volume of Visitors
Family Group Sundays 2:00 pm
- Other visiting restrictions may be requested by the attending physician, the patient, or the patient’s family. The head/charge nurse may request visitors to leave, in the event that the presence of the visitor is disruptive to the therapeutic environment of the patient being visited or to other patients on the unit. Security should be contacted for assistance for assistance as needed.
- If visitation is restricted as part of the patient’s treatment regimen, clinical justification of such restriction will be explained to the patient/family, and to the extent possible, determined with their participation.
- All patient visitors will be required to obtain a visitor’s pass from the Information Desk Receptionist in the Main Lobby. Non-patient visitors must present to the Security Department for assistance.
- All visitors must practice hand hygiene by using hand sanitizer or washing their hands with soap and water before entering the patient's room. Hand sanitizer dispensers are located outside of all patient rooms and throughout the Hospital.