Before the day of your exam
- Your insurance carrier may require a pre-authorization for your procedure.
- Your insurance carrier may require a referral from your primary care physician (PCP).
- Prepare to meet any deductibles on the day of your procedure.
Making Sense of the Multiple Bills You May Receive After Your Visit
We care about your health and thank you for choosing The Diagnostic Imaging Center at Nyack Hospital. While talking about financial issues during the course of your care can be difficult, we hope the following information will alleviate some of the confusion often associated with healthcare billing & insurance coverage. The bills you receive may originate from a variety of sources including:
- Nyack Hospital
- Your physician(s) at Nyack Hospital
- Other Nyack Hospital physicians or healthcare professionals who provide specialized services such as radiologists, cardiologists, anesthesiologists, pathologists, etc.
- Physician or healthcare organizations you’ve been referred to outside of Nyack Hospital
These bills will reflect fees associated with either:
- Professional services provided by your physician(s)
- Facility fees associated with providing your care such as radiology imaging, procedures, treatment fees, infusion charges, laboratory fees, supplies, etc.
You may also receive one or more Explanation of Benefits from your insurance company explaining what has been billed, what has been paid, and the amount you are still responsible for paying. To help us make sure that charges are correctly billed:
- Please have your insurance cards handy whenever you visit Nyack Hospital
- If you have multiple insurance plans, please let us know which plans are primary, secondary, supplementary, and/or catastrophic.
Please keep us and your insurance company informed of any changes that might impact your coverage including changes in address, employment,
- retirement, marital status, etc. These changes can often trigger changes to the primary versus secondary nature of your plans.
- Since participation and plan terms change, please check with your insurance company and individual physician for specific questions regarding your coverage. Please note that individual physicians who provide services to you may or may not participate in the same insurance plans as Nyack Hospital. Therefore, although Nyack Hospital may be an in-network provider for many different insurance plans, an individual physician’s services (often referred to as the professional component) may not be covered or may only be covered at out of network rates (if he or she is not a participating physician).
For questions about specific charges, please call the number listed on the bill in question.