At Nyack Hospital, we know that support from the community plays an important role. Current offerings include:
American Cancer Society Support Groups Referral Line 1.800.227.2345
Look Good … Feel Better
The Look Good...Feel Better program is a community-based, free service that teaches female cancer patients beauty techniques to help restore their appearance and self-image during chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
- Jan 6, Mar 3, May 5, July 7, Sep 8, Nov 9
- Meets the first Monday of every other month
- 10:00 am -11:00 am
- The Union State Bank Cancer Center at Nyack Hospital
- Call 1.800.227.2345 to register
Road to Recovery
Transportation to cancer-related medical appointments
- American Cancer Society
- Call 800.227.2345 for details.
- 7 days advance notice required
Transportation, Visitation and Companion Services
Transportation, friendly visit, and telephone reassurance. Services limited to Southern Rockland (Clarkstown and Orangetown).
- Call for times
- South Rockland Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers, Inc., Valley Cottage, NY
- Call Ann Menendez at 845.267.2154 for information.
Assists people to strengthen their coping skills, care for themselves, access information/resources, etc.
- VCS, Inc., 77 South Main Street, New City, NY
- Call Pat Hayes at 845.634.5729, ext. 315